Fordham University Press publishes scholarly books in the humanities and social sciences, as well as trade books of interest to the general public. Its list emphasizes philosophy, religion, theology, literature, history, and media studies, and books of both scholarly and general appeal about New York City and the Hudson Valley. The Press also publishes the annual winner of the Poets Out Loud contest; for submission visit Poets Out Loud. The Press does not publish fiction.
The Press welcomes book proposals in the fields in which we generally publish.
Proposals should be sent as hard copy to the following address, directed to the appropriate person(see below). We do not accept submissions via e-mail.
Fredric Nachbaur, Director
History (especially World War II, the Civil War and Reconstruction)
Italian American Studies
Urban and Ethnic Studies
New York and Regional Studies
- Catholic Practice in North America
- Critical Studies in Italian America
- Fordham Series in Medieval Studies
- International Humanitarian Affairs
- The McGannon Center Everett C. Parker Book Series
- The North's Civil War
- Orthodox Christianity and Contemporary Thought
- People and the Environment
- Reconstructing America
- World War II: The Global, Human, and Ethical Dimension
Helen Tartar, Editorial Director
- The Abrahamic Dialogues
- American Philosophy
- Forms of Living
- The Future of the Religious Past
- Just Ideas
- Medieval Philosophy: Texts and Studies
- Moral Philosophy and Moral Theology
- Perspectives in Continental Philosophy
- Poets Out Loud
- Transdisciplinary Theological Colloquia
Fordham University Press
2546 Belmont Avenue
University Box L
2546 Belmont Ave.
Bronx, NY 10458
We recommend that proposals include the following:
- a cover letter of two to four pages outlining the book's argument and its contribution to its field
- a current curriculum vitae
- a prospectus giving a detailed outline of the book (usually three to eight pages)
- a sample chapter (optional)
We will attempt to give you an initial response within six weeks.
Note: We do not return materials unless you provide a prepaid return envelope. Please do not send any irreplaceable materials.